1. When and What Information do we Collect?
We may also collect information about you from commercially available sources. Such information may include your name, address, email address and demographic data. The information that we may collect from these sources may be used along with other information that we collect from you.
We may collect non-personally identifiable (anonymous) information from all visitors to our Services, regardless of whether they place an order with us or download software, volunteer such information, communicate with us, join our mailing list or otherwise.
We may collect data collected through or from Devices in connection with your use of the Services, such as (without limitation):
• data collected by IoT sensors during monitoring, such as environmental data (temperature, humidity, etc.), security information (opened/closed doors and windows, smoke, motion etc.), and location information; and
• Device Information, such as model and serial number, network information (including IP address), device activity logs, operating system, service carrier, location and historic and current device configuration.
Some of the Services allow you to choose to invite other users to grant you access to their Devices, or permit other users the right to gain access to your Devices. We strongly discourage the sharing of log-in information, passwords and other personal information. In any case, we are not liable for disclosure or use of any of your PII or other information on your Devices to other users through use of the Services or for alteration of/damage to a Device resulting from the sharing of such information.
Like many sites, our Services utilize “cookies.” Cookies are small text files that reside on your Device and identify you as a unique user. Cookies allow us to, among other things, measure activity on our Services and to personalize your experience. For example, cookies enable us to remember your viewing preferences without requiring you to re-type a user name and password. Cookies also allow us to track your status or progress when ordering products from us. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your device by following your browser’s help file directions. However, if you reject or delete cookies you may have some trouble accessing and using some of the pages and features on our Services. We also use other common information gathering tools such as web beacons and embedded web links.
We also make use of log files in order to track information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), platform type and date/time stamps. The log files may also contain information we gather that can be used in trend analysis, administration of the site, and overall demography tracking; this information is gathered through the counting of clicks and not linked to PII.
2. How is Information Used?
We use information we collect for the following purposes:
• provide you with, and improve, the Services;
• fulfill orders and process payments for the sale of Services;
• administer your account and back-up your data;
• troubleshoot issues you encounter with the Services;
• respond to your questions and concerns, and provide customer support;
• contact you, and send you notifications, about the Services according to your preferences;
• send you marketing communications, as permitted by applicable law; and
• analyze and better understand how users access and use Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, our Products, create new features, provide you new offerings, respond to user preferences, and to protect your data.
Aggregate, anonymous data collected is statistical in nature, and does not include personally identifiable information. This data may be used to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services.
When you provide us with your credit card information we may redirect that information to certain third parties only for the purpose of payment processing in accordance with their own privacy and security policies.
3. How is Information Shared?
We may share information we collect from you with:
• our corporate affiliates that provide aspects of the Services or otherwise support our provision of the Services;
• reputable third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform aspects or functions of the Services on our behalf (e.g., help deliver the Services to you, maintain our Websites and Applications, store data, or perform data analytics);
• select business partners to facilitate their ability to offer you with products and services that we believe will be compelling to our customers and to those who have subscribed to our mailing list;
• third parties, or transfer it to third parties, for business reasons, such as in the context of the sale or merger of our company or business.
We may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you, for a variety of purposes, including to improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
We may also share your PII with third parties in certain circumstances when we receive your prior express consent to do so.
We may participate in behavioral-based advertising and use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf via the Services. Such providers may collect information about your visits to, and use of, our Services. They may use information about your visits and use of our Services to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by many major websites.
The Service may allow you to enable various online third-party services to be directly integrated into your Device. By enabling such third-party services, you are allowing us to share log-in information and other relevant information with these service providers. However, please remember that the manner in which third-party services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such third parties, and we shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any third party-service that may be enabled within the Services.
4. How is Information We Collect Made Accessible to You?
You may view, edit and update some of the information that we collect from within the Services. If you are not able to access certain information and wish to, please let us know, and we will take reasonable steps to allow you to access such information to the extent possible. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide Services to you. If you wish to cancel your account, request that we no longer use your information to provide Services to you, or change/update your information, you may contact us as at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Other Rights & Important Notices
We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 18 nor do we target our Services to children under the age of 18.
Our business operations and the computer servers that handle data collected via the Services are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing or using the Services in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from US law, then please note that your personal information will be transferred to the United States and you consent to such transfer.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your PII with third parties for direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
The Following Applies to Individuals Whose Personal Data Falls Under the Jurisdictions Subject to the E.U.’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
myDevices is the Data Controller for your personal data. Your consent to our use of the personal data provides myDevices with a lawful basis for such use. We will retain the personal data indefinitely unless you instruct us to delete it or we inform you otherwise. If you feel that there is a problem with how the personal data has been handled, you have the right to register a complaint with a supervisory authority.
7. Notification of Changes
8. Opt-Out / Unsubscribe from Email Marketing
You can access the Website without providing any PII. However, you may not be able to use certain features (such as registering, opening an account or making purchases) without providing PII. Please visit email@example.com here if you would like to discontinue receiving marketing-related e-mails and opt-out of certain uses of your PII by myDevices.
9. How to Contact Us?