myDevices, SparkFun, Espressif, and Hackster.io partner to host international IoT ESP8266 automation competition
The partnership between these electronics leaders is of particular note, as are the international communities they represent.
- Cayenne is the world’s first drag-and-drop IoT project builder, a platform which makes any connected IoT hardware instantly interoperable and enables users to prototype IoT solutions efficiently using a visual interface.
- Espressif Systems, producers of the ESP8266 chip at the center of the competition, has lent its considerable community reach and provided hardware prizes to support the competition.
- SparkFun, an international supplier of open-source hardware components, kits, and tutorials, is providing free support and ESP8266 Thing Dev Boards to enable its various audiences to participate and benefit in the contest.
- Hackster: And showcasing maker projects at a global scale would not be possible without the support of Hackster, an online platform for engineers and hobbyists to share and learn how to design, create, and program Internet-connected hardware.
Combining the expertise of these four global companies with the purpose of driving IoT creativity has the potential to create an impact of international proportions.
Those interested in participating should submit their IoT projects to the contest by October 12, 2017. Of these, judges will award prizes to sixteen winners. All will receive an ESP-WROVER-KIT from Espressif and a cash prize, and top prizes earn higher cash awards and gift bags from the four partner companies.
Participants may also submit project ideas by August 10th for a chance to win one of seventy-five free SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Dev Boards!
- 1st place: $200 cash + $100 SparkFun promo code + swag
- 2nd place: $150 cash + $50 SparkFun promo code + swag
- 3rd place: $100 cash + $50 SparkFun promo code + swag
- 4th place: $50 cash + swag
- 5th place – 16th place: Runner-ups. $25 cash
*All winners also receive an ESP-WROVER-KIT ($50 value)
- July 20, 2017: Ideation Phase Begins
- August 10, 2017: Idea Submission Deadline for Free Hardware
(The top 75 ideas will get a SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Dev Board for free!)
- October 12, 2017: Project Submission Deadline
- October 17th, 2017: Winners Announced
Want to Participate?
Click to Enter the ESP8266 Contest
Follow @CayenneIoT for contest updates!
Other Helpful Resources
- Sign up for Cayenne
- Cayenne Community Forum
- SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Dev Board
- Espressif’s ESP-WROVER-KIT